Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Swotting Weekend

Imagine giving up (or, to be perfectly honest) curbing your twin cravings of books and movies. Well, it's a goal I have set for myself, on account of an exam I will be sitting for at the end of this month. Given the fact that my Immortal Beloved is also taking a test this week (tomorrow, in fact) meant the last weekend saw the both of us transformed into regular swotters, hunched over books, taking notes, eyebrows meeting in frowning concentration.

"Aren't you a little old to be taking a test?" went one cheeky sms from a friend. It followed a confession on my part that I hadn't started Neil Gaiman's "American Gods" which is to be our Book Club choice of the month for April on account of my newly imposed book sobriety.

Well, when passing this exam means an extra RM200 in my paycheck monthly, that's a heck of an incentive to hit the books, I say! Not to mention the extra moolah means the odd indulgence or 2 the next time I trawl book shops!

To my Immortal Beloved, best of luck in your test tomorrow ,darling!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks......need all the luck. The exam done, and me having conflicting emotions about how it went......yikes - might need therapy here! Haha!

IB